Image Map

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Lupus Walk


Early Saturday morning I attended the first Walk for Lupus Now event that took place in my hometown.  Not only was it the first walk to be here, but also the first one I have ever been to.  

I rallied a team together of 13 people, and together we raised $355 for the foundation.  I was overwhelmed with the love, support, and well wishes I received after allowing myself to be vulnerable enough to tell all of you my story.  In the past I have never expressed in such detail what I have actually been through, but in order for me to let you know how important this walk was to me..I wanted each of you to bare witness to my struggles, and my triumphs through reading my story.  I also hope that by reading my journey it will help you, or someone you know realize that no matter how difficult the journey is; there is hope, and even when you feel very alone...you will always have a loving and supportive team cheering you on throughout your journey.





It was a beautiful day.  Bright blue skies, sun shining...everyone had a smile on their face.  It felt like a celebration...of life...and wonderful blessings. 

My sons Boy Scout Troop 365 led the crowd in the Pledge of Allegiance.  If you know me, you know that I cry very easily, and this really tugged at my heartstrings.  Thank goodness I wore my sunglasses all day because this was the first of many moments that morning to bring me to tears.  I could not think of anyone else more appropriate to lead the Pledge than the sweet boys of Troop 365.  

My little guy is 2nd to left.






My neighbor bestie was by my side the entire morning.  I don't know what I would do without her love and support.  She has been with me on this journey since the very beginning.





The sweetest man I know, my Dad, surprised me and I couldn't hold back the tears.  It meant so much to have my two favorite guys by my side. 






<3 that boy!!!





I walked in the back for a bit...just to take it all in...all the love, friendship, and support...





I have some truly amazing people in my life.




My best guys...





My special friends....





all came together, as one, to support me....





I feel extremely fortunate to have some of the very best friends and family that continue to support me.
I am one lucky gal!!


xo
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. wish i could have been there! love you! sonnie

    ReplyDelete