Image Map

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Chicken Ranch Pizza


 If you have been following my blog for a while, then you already know that I am all about quick and simple recipes. Like many of you, I am a working Mom and wife, so I have a million and one things to do other than spending all of my time in the kitchen slaving over a meal when I get home.  This pizza has very few ingredients, and it's so easy to put together that my son even likes to help... not to mention it tastes great!  

Ingredients
thin pizza crust
rotisserie chicken - chopped
shredded cheddar
shredded mozzarella
1 tomato - diced
4 green onions - chopped
ranch
4 tbsp butter - melted
2-3 fresh garlic cloves - pressed






melt butter and mix with fresh pressed garlic






brush garlic butter evenly on pizza crust






bake crust at 425 for 5-7 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown






spread ranch evenly over baked crust






cover with as much mozzarella cheese as your little heart desires






sprinkle pizza with chicken, tomatoes and green onions






top with shredded cheddar
return to oven
bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly






slice and indulge!






You can easily change the vegetables you put on your pizza.  For instance, sometimes I like to use green bell peppers instead of green onions.  My husband sometimes asks that I use black olives.  Whatever your pizza topping preference is...just go with it.  In the past I have substituted the cheddar with colby/monterey jack..it was also good...often times you just have to roll with whatever you have available in your kitchen.  Don't you love recipes that you can change up every now and then?!  I love this pizza for two reasons..1.  My favorite guilty pleasure is ranch...there isn't much that I don't put it on.  and 2.  It is not greasy or heavy.  It's perfection, really...try it out and let me know what you think.


Enjoy,
Carrie




No comments:

Post a Comment