Image Map

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Crockpot Garlic Lemon Chicken



Who doesn't love a delicious meal that you can throw in the crockpot, come back a few hours later, and it's done..and fabulous?  I'm a busy Momperson and nothing irritates me more than having to slave over the stove when I have a million and nine other things I can and should be doing.  Besides basically doing all the work for me I especially love cooking with my crock because it makes my entire house smell ahhmazing.

Ingredients

1 whole 4-5 pound chicken
4 lemons
2-3 heads of garlic
Fresh rosemary
All-purpose steak seasoning


Directions

Turn your crockpot on high

Slice garlic heads in half and cut each lemon into 4-5 round slices.. This was pretty much my favorite part because I love garlic and lemons so much.  I think I got way more excited than any normal person should.  Place two garlic halves and a few lemon slices in the bottom of the pot.  You will want to cut the bottoms off the lemons so they will lay flat.  Lay a sprig or two of rosemary on top of garlic and lemons.






Check the inside of your chicken for extra bits and pieces, or a bag with chicken parts.  You want to remove any random things, and make sure you clean out the inside of the chicken, rinse entire chicken and pat dry with paper towels.

Season the chicken with the all-purpose steak seasoning...inside and out.

Stuff the chicken with half a head of garlic, 4 slices of lemon, and few sprigs of rosemary





Lay chicken on top of the garlic, lemons and rosemary that you put in the bottom of the crockpot.  Cover the chicken with the remaining garlic, lemons and some more rosemary.  I used whatever I had left over, and stuffed some garlic between the legs, wings, and any other space I could find.  A few more dashes of the steak seasoning..and you're all set..






Place the lid on your pot and cook on high for 5-6 hours, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.  The cooking time will vary depending on your pot, as well as the size of your bird.  






When chicken has reached 165 degrees turn the pot off and let it sit for about 15 minutes.  If you do not have a meat thermometer just use your best judgement to tell when it's ready.  Poke it with a fork..if it pulls apart with no effort..it's ready.  Remove the bird..carve and serve.  Be careful though because it will be so tender that it will slip right off the bone.  You are going to love it!!


This recipe is so simple with minimal ingredients and is seriously delicious!!
Thanks for stopping by.


Enjoy,
Carrie


No comments:

Post a Comment