Image Map

Friday, June 21, 2013

High Five for Friday


Hey there Friday people.  I've had a good week...a few bumps in it, but can't really complain.  I'm pretty pumped for my weekend, how about you?

In case any of you ever wondered what a smarty pants 13 year old looks like...here ya go!  He was mad at me because I was sitting in the same room with him..within sight distance..texting him.  I guess it was a little annoying, but I was totally doing it on purpose.  This mean teenager look is a result of having his buttons pushed my his awesome Mom.  He's still cute, though...and it's so fun to push his buttons!  :-)






I spent my Saturday canning peaches with my friend, Catharina.






I woke up and was ready to can






We had 35 ripe peaches and ended up with 8 jars.  They are sooo good!! Pretty impressive since it was my first canning experience.  I can't wait to make more.  Trey even told me I should go into business because they are the best peaches he's ever tasted and he thinks I could get at least $5 a jar.  ;-)






Father's Day was last weekend...My Dad always fusses because he never wants me or my sister to spend money on gifts for him, so I usually end up making his gifts.  After a day of canning I decided I would just give him a jar of my peaches.  I mean they were fab, and I knew I could dress it up to make it a neato gift.  I ran to Hobby Lobby and got some sisal, fabric and some awesome chalkboard stickers.  All under $10.00






I cut my fabric into squares.






Covered the top of the jar with the fabric, tied it on, and finished it off with a chalkboard sticker.  Now, if that's not the cutest gift I don't know what is!!  He loved it, and made sure to tell everyone he was not sharing his peaches!  :-)





I spent the day with my Dad at the lake.  We took the boat out, and made a day of it.  I think he is the happiest when all the kids and Grandkids, nieces and nephews are all together.  I always love seeing him smile!  I'm glad I got to spend the day with him!





When Catie realized she forgot her shoes on another boat her little face lit up when I asked if she wanted a piggy back ride to the house.  Aunt Carrie gives the best piggy backs!






The kids had such a fun day!!






I mentioned how much I love these ON sandals in last weeks post.  I only had a picture from the website...  This is what they look like on me.  I'm still digging them and wear them just about every day.  It's one of those things where you really want to buy a second pair so you have a back up after you have worn the first pair out.





I've been wanting to try this Coola face SPF for forever...like it's seriously been sitting in my Birchbox shopping cart for weeks now.  I was so happy that I got in my June Birchbox...and I absolutely love it! It is organic, it smells so fresh - like cucumbers actually -  and it works very well.  It's a bit pricey at Birchbox for $32.00...You can always use those BB points!!





This weekend I'm going to visit my buddy Marcie and her boys in Ohio.  Trey and I were talking this morning that we can't remember the last time he and I took a road trip with just the two of us.






I'm really excited to sip on some adult cherry limeades with Marc!!






and we're doing the Glo Run Saturday.  Have you ever done it? I thought it seemed cool.. 
What's not to love about a night race!?  






Hope you have an amazing weekend!!
Thanks for stopping by!


xo
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment