Image Map

Friday, December 21, 2012

High Five for Friday




Friday, again! The last Friday before Christmas.  I'm completely scatterbrained.  One day I searched for my sunglasses for at least 20 minutes before I realized they were on top of my head.  Another day I put my rings, bracelet and watch on...then on my way out the door panicked because my rings were not on my finger.  I looked everywhere...for a long time.  Then realized I had placed them on my right hand, rather than my left...duh!  Had a date night planned with a girlfriend another day...took a nap, jumped out of bed thinking I was late..it wasn't until the next day.  One morning around umm 2:00.  I almost had a heart attack when I heard a noise and awoke to find Trey standing at the end of my bed staring at me.  Seriously...why do kids do that!?  Announce yourselves or something, geez!  I couldn't go back to sleep for hours... 
I am very happy to see Friday!


My house is now ready for Christmas on the outside...




and inside.  Have I mentioned that I love my tree?  It makes everything so warm and cozy.  I really wish I could keep it up longer.  I totally should!  

<insert throat clearing sound here>

I can do whatever I want, right?!



Sunday I had a little dinner party for about 9 of us to celebrate my Mother-in-Law's birthday.  I made spaghetti, and then cheated by buying salad and bread sticks from Olive Garden.  It's the way to go!
Aunt Mel made the best cake ever...I probably had way more than I should have, but wow it was amazing!





Last night I got my craft on.  I made a mixed media art piece with a map of Tennessee, and some other printed paper, as well as textured paper.  I am so pleased with how it turned out.  I will share it with you next week.  Me + Mod Podge is usually dangerous, but I had to give myself a pat on the back with this one!






Trey and I browsed through Miss Lucille's Marketplace this week.  Ermahgersh..they have the best fried pies!    I like apple, and Trey gets the peach.  If you ever go to Lucille's you must get a pie.  Work it off later...it's totally worth it!







I had a girls night out Wednesday.  We got our holiday manicures, then went to dinner..had steak, mashed potatoes, salad and strawberry bellini's.  Yumm!!  Then went downtown to shop at one of our favorite boutiques.


Apparently I am the dog lady, can't say I would have it any other way.  I love these three boys!




Scuba is waiting on Santa

Speaking of Santa....I totally got outed for being the tooth fairy the other day.  The cats out of the bag now.  What the heck!?  So, last week I mentioned that Trey lost his last three teeth.  Yesterday, when we got home, and as I was in the kitchen unloading groceries, Trey was in my bedroom getting the dogs. I heard him say "Well, I guess I know who the tooth fairy is now??" (such a little 13 year old smarty!) My eyes got as big as saucers, and I walked in the room. Apparently Scuba was nosing through some of my stuff on my vanity, and uncovered the container that Trey's teeth were in...knocking it on the floor.  This totally caught me off guard.  There was no way out.  With apprehension... I said. "How cool is it that your Mom is the tooth fairy?!! He didn't think it was funny, rolled his eyes at me, and walked away. <sigh>  Thanks a lot big black dog!






Winston got a bath.  He's pretty much the cutest thing around!






Scuba apologizing that there is no such thing as the tooth fairy!!




Yesterday I began baking...So far I have made a batch of molasses cookie dough, and three loaves of pumpkin bread....I am going to make pumpkin/peanut butter dog treats, and two other human types of cookies, but I am trying to hold out as long as possible for fear that I will eat all of the human cookies before I can give them away.  I have a thing for peanut butter cookies...like a ridiculous hankering for peanut butter mixed with sugar and chocolate anything... 


I hope you all had an amazing week, that you have safe travels if you are travelling to be with your family, and that each and every one of you have a Merry Christmas. Don't forget to count your blessing not only today, but everyday...and make sure those that you love and adore know it!  


xo
Carrie


3 comments:

  1. New follower. I LOL'ed when I read about your child standing at the end of the bed. So creepy and funny! I am a dog lover, too (only have one) and think there is nothing quite like a clean, but dry, dog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas trees and holiday decor totally makes everything way more cozy! I know what you mean about wanting to keep everything up longer. Your house looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete