Image Map

Monday, December 17, 2012

Cherry Dump Cake - Guest post by Kayla


I asked a few of my girlfriends to send me their FaVoRiTe holiday recipes to be featured on the blog.  I am excited for them to share in the blog experience with me, and even more so, I am excited that you will get some amazing new recipes to try out.  I am delighted to share a simple, yet delicious recipe from my friend, Kayla.



It's that time of year again.  The Holidays have arrived!!  With the holidays comes shopping, parties, traditions, memories, family, friends, and of course food!  Looking back I am sure we all have a favorite treat that we indulge in this time of year.  For me, it's cookies.  They get me every time!  I can be so full that I cannot breathe, yet let someone offer me a cookie, and I will not turn it down.

A great gift for anyone in your life, especially that person who has everything, is to share a favorite recipe, and get them a basket full with the all the items that they will need to be on their way to food bliss.  This year I am honored to be asked by my close friend, Carrie, to share one of my favorite recipes with each of you via her blog..The Way I See it..(and NO, it's not a cookie recipe :) ) It is a great recipe to let the kids help you with, as all you do is literally dump the ingredients in a pan and bake

Cherry Dump Cake




You will need the following:

1 - 9 x 13 baking pan
cooking spray
1 - 20 ounce can crushed pineapple (undrained)
2 - 21 ounce cans cherry pie filling
1 box yellow cake mix
2 sticks butter


Preheat oven to 350

Spray baking pan with cooking spray
Dump can of undrained crushed pineapple into pan, and spread evenly






Using a spoon dump both cans of cherry pie filling evenly on top of pineapple






Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over layered pineapple and cherries






Cut sticks of butter into slices, and place evenly on top of dry cake mix.






Bake for approximately one hour or until golden brown
Serve warm or cold






I hope you all enjoy!


Happy Holidays,
Kayla


No comments:

Post a Comment