Image Map

Saturday, August 4, 2012

High Five for...Saturday



Hey ya'll!  I'm a little behind on my Friday faves....I've had such a busy, stressful, emotional week.  Today, actually right this very second, might be the only time this entire week that I have had a chance to sit down and rest..and not have anything planned for the rest of the day.  Well, in reality I could do the laundry and some other stuff around the house, but for right now I am most thankful for the silence, the rain, the thunder, the sleeping puppies, the sleeping 12 year old.....the siiilence!!  All of the lights are off..the husband is working late. I am really taking advantage of this me time...the laundry can wait!

Last weekend our adorable cousins came to visit from Ohio.  Owen is 7 and Lucas is 4.  They wanted their favorite buddy Trey to take them fishing, so we did just that..



My Mother-in-Law posing for the camera





The kids got to pet the horses.  We had a picnic, and just enjoyed each others company.





I fished some, but after not catching any fish for what seemed to be hours (but was prob more like 10 minutes max) I decided to sit back and observe everyone else catch sticks and leaves.


After my deep sea fishing adventures...pond fishing is down right boring to me...I'd much rather be catching some Mahi, or a Wahoo...than a stick..just sayin.


Trey's Wahoo



We are surrounded by Mahi Mahi...




So, naturally I made some chum out of the fish we already caught...

We had fresh Mahi for dinner...




So, that's my explanation as to why pond fishing isn't too exciting to me...

I've been spoiled

Pond day...I kicked back. 

Not one fish was caught that day

(yawn)

The kids had a blast, and never complained once.  That's all that matters!






Then, Monday rolls around...and this is what my day was like
Actually, almost every day this week felt like this at one point or another.  I was up and down like a roller coaster..





Shopping helps.

I bought this in the men's department at Target.

14.99

Super soft and cute!

 They also come in other colors.





I have come to the conclusion that my hair has not been this long since I was a senior in high school (16 years)  I love this length, and the fact that I can do so much with it.

This is my hair semi-straight
(Trey picked this picture to put on here)




and yesterday, a picture of it curled...it's so long and pretty..I love it!!





This was my hair exactly one year ago this week.

*major dislike*




and then a month later I cut it even shorter

I think I'll stick with my long hair!




Last night we had a surprise dinner/get together for my cousin Drenda's 60th birthday.  We went to a Mexican joint in town...She was so surprised to see us that she cried.  I counted and there were 19 cousins there!  

This is my beautiful cousin Marcie and I




My sweet (big) boy!





My husbands muy grande cerveza
These boys ended up talking to each other in Spanish by the end of the night after they had too many cervezas...we were cracking up.  When the kids started repeating them we knew it was time to go...trust me...you don't want me to translate..







My sweet friends were here this week from Texas.  The circumstances were terrible, but I so much enjoyed my week with them, and I'm glad I was able to be there for them when they needed to be surrounded by their loved ones.

This is my oldest friend, Nicole.  We have been friends for 17 years.
She has a little baby, Henry Thomas, due in October.  Next time I see her I will get to hold sweet baby Henry aka Hank.  She promised me that I will get to hold him the entire time that I'll be with them!  I should have made her shake on it!





We had breakfast together this morning for Francis' birthday, and sadly to say goodbye before they fly home.  Francis first met Trey when he was just a few months old...so they are long time best buds!

Trey was kind enough to let him win at checkers since it was his bday!

Happy Birthday Frannie Wannie!!





 I have learned so many valuable lessons this week.  I have learned to never take one minute on this earth for granted because it can all change in an instant.  I have always thought that I did a good job making sure my family and my friends know each day that they are loved, but I think I can do better. I have learned that if you are lost, or you need help, be still and listen, and God will help you if you let him.  

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!


xo
Carrie



2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous you said you have rain and thunder. I'm not sure my part of Southwest Missouri remembers what that looks or sounds like!

    I'm sorry about your loss, but that makes the family time so much more precious and valuable. I'm glad you were able to find the good in your tough week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I will ever be able to thank you enough for being there for us since we got the bad news. It was so comforting having you there for me (us). We are so blessed to have you in our lives!! I was thinking about it after breakfast and we got to be together almost every day that we were home!!!!! I can't wait for you to come to SA we are going to have such a great time! :) And I pinky promise you can hold Henry ALMOST the entire time! Lol! I will need to get some loving in, too, but I will gladly share him with his sweet Auntie Carrie! I love you so much! I hope this next week is a good one for you :)

    ReplyDelete