Image Map

Friday, March 30, 2012

High Five for Friday


Welcome to High Five for Friday!!

Normally, I would be celebrating Friday, but today I am sad to see the week come to an end.  It means Spring Break is over, and I 'm just not ready for school to resume.  Even though I'm not the student.  Any parent out there with school aged kids knows what I mean.  A lot of parents can't wait to send their kids back to school..I'm just the opposite.  I love spending time with my son.

 Of course, we are like any normal family and we drive each other crazy, and get on each others nerves sometimes..or a lot of the time, but I would much rather spend my days with him than without.  We have fun together..plain and simple!

  So, Friday for me...means back to school for him. 

 It was a nice break...it is always nice when you forget what day it is.  I spent a few days at work writing the wrong date, and all day yesterday thinking it was Wednesday, until my Father reminded me it was, in fact, Thursday...I should have known this since I took the day off.


Here are my five-ish things that I am most thankful for from the week.  What are you thankful for this week?


We had a blast watching The Hunger Games at the drive in.  Which, by the way, was ahhmazing, and I can't wait to see it again.  The second feature was The Woman in Black, which scared the daylights out of me.  So much so...that Trey had to tell me a few times that I was hurting his hand from squeezing it too hard...oops..sorry Trey!
For my local readers that asked about the drive in...the one we went to is in Lebanon, Tn. You can find their website here.



You would think since it was a "vacation" week that I would have embraced my domestic role, but it turned into just the opposite.  One night I wanted something light, and simple for dinner.  So, I immediately referred to my pin board, Delicious Goodness, and found Baked Fried Chicken...I realize the title is an oxy moron, but that's what the blogger calls..she named it..so I'm stickin' to it. This is her picture ..my chicken was not as breaded as hers.



I turned my chicken into delicious wraps..I smothered light ranch on a tortilla, put some hot sauce on my chicken, and sprinkled it with cheese.  Trey smothered his tortilla with honey mustard sprinkled with cheese.  They were delicious!  You can pin the recipe here.  I used buttermilk instead of regular milk, and omitted the season-all, using garlic instead.



Looks good, right!?  Delish and effortless..."vacation" style dinner.


This is disgusting, and I realize I am showing a dead animal on my blog..I apologize in advance..However, we are celebrating, and wagging our tails over here!  Our yard and our dogs have been terrorized by a mole for months.  My yard used to be beautiful, lush, and green, but now it has literally been turned upside down by mole tunnels, and my three dogs digging to China to catch the mole. 

Finally, they achieved their goal, and caught the little booger.  I've never seen a mole...it is quite a character, and cartoon-ish looking..From what I could tell Brodie caught it.  I only say that because he was prancing around showing it off for about 20 minutes before he allowed us to take it from him.  Way to go Brodie!!






I finally got my hands on these adorable flip flops at a charming little corner boutique in downtown Clarksville called Fleur de Lis. At Fleur de Lis they have a little bit of everything...clothing, jewelry, accessories and gifts.

 I fell in love with these last summer when my husbands Aunt wore a pair. She told me where she got them, and I knew I would soon need a pair!  I stopped by the shop a few weeks ago, and they only had brown....The store clerk was a doll!  She took my name and number and promised to call me when they got black back in stock. 

I had forgotten all about it until she called this week, so I went to pick them up yesterday.  They only come in whole sizes.  I wear an 8.5, and the 8 was closer to my size than the 9.  So cute, and comfy to boot.  They have these in black, brown, and white. They will even ship to you out-of-towners.  You can "like" their fb page here.  They are constantly posting their inventory on fb, and it is so easy to order, and have it shipped directly to you. 

I paid just $20.00 for these flops.

 I'm actually wearing them now!!




While on my flip flop mission in Fleur de Lis a few weeks ago I found these earrings...they were still there when I went in this week, so I saw it as a sign that they were meant to me mine.  I bought them for just $8.50. 

In the pictures they appear to be turquoise, but I think they are more greenish...I wanted them because they are green, but loving them just as much in all their turquoise glory.



I love how they hang on my ear...I just adore these earrings!!  They can either dress up or down.  After getting them home I still can't decide if they are green or turquoise..it must depend on the light.





Ever since my amazing Mother-in-Law got me these earrings at a boutique in Paris last summer.. I am simply in love with green earrings.  It is my most favorite color, and I did not have any jewelry this color until she gave them to me...

These are unmistakably green...and gorgeous!





I love chocolate, and I love ice cream! 

I was browsing through the cracker aisle at the grocery and found these yummy new treats.  Only 100 calories...what what!!


I added them to my 100 calorie ice cream cup and had a low-cal sundae for dessert.  If you enjoy such treats, I highly recommend adding them to your grocery list. 

Guilt free deliciousness!





My little Westies got groomed this week, and visited me at my office after getting their hair did.  I must say they are two handsome boys!  The girls at Alicia's K-9 Kuts and Kennels always do a fabulous job with them!





My Dad was talking to Winston in this picture...see that smile.  He is so cute!  He makes me smile!

You can get a custom made collar like Winston's by visiting Puppy Dog Plaids website.




Brodie asleep with his stuffed raccoon..




Winston sleeping




Thanks for stopping by to read HF4F.  You know it has been a good week when I have more than five H5's!!  I hope each and every one of you have a fabulous weekend.  In case you missed last weeks Friday post you can catch up by clicking here.   I will admit it was quite an exciting post!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!! You know I just love to hear what you have to say!


Enjoy!
Carrie


18 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that is so sweet...thanks, Heather!! :)

      Delete
    2. Once again I find your post to be entertaining and very informative. I will definitely be trying out the chicken recipe.

      Delete
    3. That is a huge compliment! Thanks Pam!! :)

      Delete
  2. The brownie/ice cream combo is such a great idea!! I'm heading to the grocery store on my way home from work! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great..it is so yummy!! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. I will have to admit, your dogs are CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where is the "like" button when I need it! :)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE those earrings. Both pairs you posted!! I also really love your doggies. :) It makes me want to have a dog like now! I told Rick we can't have a dog until we get a house. ;) I hope you have a happy weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! They have a red pair, and a white/cream colored pair like the ones I got yesterday...they have a ton of affordable jewelry there. I LOVE my dogs..you totally need one!! :) Thanks for reading, and have a fantastical weekend..oh and have fun on your photo shoots!!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to order some of those flops!! I love them so much! And...I want those green earrings that your Mother-in-Law got you. They are so beautiful! :) Have I told you how much I love your blog!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait for you to have some cute new flops!! Thanks for all of the support...you guys are the best!! xo

      Delete
  6. The Baked Fried Chicken looks a-maz-ing! I will have to try that. And in the wrap made it look even more delicious.

    And the mole...well, he does look like a cartoon. My, what claws that little guy has. Holy cow!

    Andrea
    spraypaintandastaplegun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a little scared of moles now..I'm glad he didn't hurt my dogs. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have a great weekend!!

      Delete
  7. Dang, I had no idea moles looked like that...strange little buggers! Love both pair of earrings. I remember when Sonnie bought you the green ones in Paris. Makes me want to go back! Loved your blog, as usual, and love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being a loyal reader..love and miss you! xoxo

      Delete
  8. Can't wait to try the brownie/ice cream combo!!!! Right up my alley. I love the new earrings and flops also. Good to hear you had a great week--love that Trey! Moles, I do not like them at all. Have a few in my yard but with my sister's little canines, hopefully my yard will be devoid of them too! One can hope!!!! Have a good weekend and upcoming week! Always enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved HF4F this week! Recipe, earrings, flops! Have a good weekend and upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete