Image Map

Monday, March 26, 2012

March Birchbox



Here we are again..it's that time of the month...the time that we all look forward to...drum roll please...dunnn dun dunnn...




March Birchbox reveal time!!

  Sadly, I did not get the Teen Vogue box that I secretly hoped for, but I did get some fantastic products.





.By the way.. I can't help but get sidetracked when the sparkle of diamonds - on my left hand - catch my eye...I get so tickled when I look at them!!  If you don't know why it is because you missed Friday's blog...tisk tisk..you can catch up by clicking here.







I love trying anything new to improve the look of my curly hair.  This product is Miss Jessie's Quick Curls.  It smells delightful, and feels like a lotion for your hair.  This cream enhances your hair’s natural bounce and shape without any heaviness.  It can be used for naturally kinky, curly, or wavy hair.  The moisturizing formula does away with frizz and dryness. Since it’s packed full of moisturizing botanicals, it doubles as a rescue treatment for fried and over-processed hair.



The directions say to use a tablespoon amount, which I thought seemed like a lot compared to other creams I use for my curls. But, I tried it, and got great results. 

My hair was soft, and my curls were full.  It did not weigh down my hair, but my scalp did feel dirty at the end of the day.  Usually I can go a day..sometimes two without washing my hair because it doesn't get oily, but the next day after using this product I had to wash it.  I thought maybe I used too much, so I tried about half of what I used the first time.  My curls did not hold as well as when I used the directed amount, and my scalp still felt dirty by the end of the day.  I will continue to use this product, but I am almost certain that I will not purchase a full sized tube.  Not because I don't love it, but because it costs $32.00 for a full sized tube, and I feel like using a tablespoon amount or more each time will make it disappear long before I feel I got my money's worth.  Make sense?






This trio of shadows by, Stilla, is for achieving a perfect smoky eye. The three shades work together to make your eyes look their most alluring.  I like makeup that lays it out for me with in depth directions because I certainly need help when it comes to applying some of it correctly. 

Kitten is a gorgeous taupe laced with pinkish shimmer, Diamond Lil is a shimmery grey, and Ebony is a deep charcoal black. They are long-lasting shadows made of finely pressed pigments that go on smoothly. The formula is designed to be applied dry or wet.



This cream is a multi-tasker of makeup remover, cleanser, and head-to-toe moisturizer. It’s the only product you need to keep your skin pure and unbelievably soft. It smells wonderful...tropical like, and good enough to eat with a spoon.  It reminds me a lot of my Burt's Bees cuticle balm, except I like this stuff much better.. It is made of organic oils and other natural ingredients, and made without a single drop of water, making it ultra-rich and concentrated.  Basically, anywhere on your body that needs moisturizing..this is your go to cream!





Peter Thomas Roth - anti-aging cleanser is a mild exfoliating acid that helps clarify skin, detox pores, and reduce fine lines.  I have not used this product, but I did open the bottle to see what it smells like.  It has a very clean citrus scent.  This will be a facial cleanser that my house guests will get to enjoy using because it is already in the guest basket.





 I'm not a huge fan of detox tea..I've tried some before and it makes me show my ugly taste face with every swallow.  I haven't tried this yet, but I might as well not waste it. (insert ugly taste face here)  It is lemon-grass flavored...This tea will rid your body of pent-up toxins, boosting your energy while lowering your stress levels..(this in itself will be worth the try..ugly face or not.)  It flushes out the impurities in your system, while lemongrass aides your digestive system.




 Each packet of this product contains a “mitt” that has been soaked with The Stripper (polish remover) to go. It says "to go" because it is designed with the idea that you will carry them in your purse..or "to go".  The lavender formula has a soothing scent, plus aloe to moisturize nails and cuticles.  The directions say that one mitt will clean all 10 nails.  While it smells lovely, I have to strongly disagree with this product.  I had week old polish on, which we all know was dull and chipped on the edges after a week..and this mitt did not remove it from one nail, let alone 10.




The design is nifty, and I will use the remaining polish mitts to add my own polish remover and save a few cotton rounds.




Well, there you have it.  I got some pretty cool stuff..some I enjoyed more than others, but as always it is a nice surprise to get new products monthly and be able to play with them to discover whether or not I like them.  I hope you all enjoyed playing with your new March products. 

Here's to another fun box in April!



Carrie


Thank you for the comments!!





4 comments:

  1. Love your box, and your curls!
    You can check out my march box here:
    http://aneverdayadventure.blogspot.com/2012/03/march-birchbox.html
    The only thing that was the same was the stila palette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You got some cool stuff in your box..your tea looks much better than mine! lol Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Your curls look great! I will for sure have to try mine here soon. The only other thing that I have tried is the anti-aging cleanser acid. My face very dry afterwards but super clean. I definitely prefer Arbonne over this stuff. I gave my tea away to my coworkers but do not think they tried it, yet. I think I may try the Quick Curls tomorrow so I will let you know what I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Let me know how it works for your hair, and if I am imagining the dirty feel. I am team Arbonne all the way..I couldnt even bring myself to try it. Love ya!

      Delete