Image Map

Friday, November 23, 2012

High Five for Friday



Ermahgersh you guys...I am so sleepy...I almost have to pry my poor little eyelids open to write this blog.  What a day...what a week.  My life is so blessed with the most amazing family, and the most wonderful friends anyone could ever ask for.  I made a point to tell the special people in my life how much they mean to me, and in doing so I realized I should not only do it during the holidays, but everyday.  Something I definitely need to work on.  

I hope each and everyone one of you had a fabulous Thanksgiving!  On my way home last night I could not believe the crazy long lines outside the stores. Kyle almost ran off the road when I pointed it out. Personally, I have never gone shopping on black Friday, and honestly I never intend to.  I get the concept, but the craziness just isn't worth it to me...there can't be a bargain worth fighting crowds and crazy people elbowing you, and stealing items out of your shopping cart.  No thank you...I will stay home in my warm bed with my comfy jammies.


Here are a few of the highlights from my week...

My girls night-in party I had Friday night was a success.  I was feeling a little under the weather by the end of the week, and wasn't sure I could pull it off, but of course I did.  Not to mention sitting at home with a room full of 7 of my favorite girls was the perfect way to spend a Friday night.





Little man and I went to the 11:00 movie last Saturday night.  We saw Breaking Dawn 2, and I loved it.   It was so much better than the book. Which, for this series, is quite unusual. Of course I was prepared with tissues in tow because I knew I would cry, and I was right...I cried.  It was the best movie out of the others.  So much, in fact, that I am going to see it again today with the girls.






Best little movie date ever, and of course we went to Steak and Shake afterwards to get our grub on.






I did a little Christmas shopping for myself...Can't wait open this little puppy up on Christmas morning, and play with all my goodies.  I <3 Santa.







Long story short, I asked my husband to get something out of the attic for me twice...I decided the best way to get it done was to do it myself.  Well, I kinda got "stuck" in the attic, then ripped a hole in my favorite pants.  I was mad about being stuck in the attic for 30+ minutes, but seriously ticked about ripping my pants, so I had to pull the ol' sewing machine and do some serious damage control.






It was such a mess...I forgot how to wind my bobbin, then I broke a needle, and I had to read the directions to remind myself what in the heck I was doing.  Finally it all came back to me, and I saved the pants.  Thank goodness my awesome sewing machine tells me what to do when I ask...Good grief...what a hassle!  






I wore my favorite apron this week while I cooked up a storm in the kitchen.. This apron is seriously the cutest thing ever...You can find one just like it at Pier One!!






I made a few loaves of pumpkin bread.  Of course it was amazing!  Trey's absolute fave!  






Thanksgiving morning Marcie, Dave and I headed down to Nashville for the Music City Turkey run.  We have been planning this for a little over a month now, so we were super pumped that it was finally here...even at 6 in the morning...






It was a beautiful day, and all three of us enjoyed running through the streets of downtown.  My favorite part was running over the pedestrian bridge, and seeing all of the buildings and the sun reflect off of the Cumberland River.  It was so beautiful that everything in me wanted to stop and take a picture, but I was trying to beat my usual time, and I didn't want to set myself back.

We ran the 4 mile course, and I finished it in 49:39 averaging 13:13 per mile...I know I can do better, but I'll take it.  I'm proud that I finished, and it was the perfect way to begin the day.






I got home a little after 10:00 and got ready for Thanksgiving with the Millers.
Sure do love this girl!!






Bloody Mary's as soon as I walk in the door...yes, please!






I love the Miller's....each and every one of them, and I am thankful that I was able to spend Thanksgiving with them for the first time in 5 years.






I stopped by my Mom and Dad's on the way home, and got to see this sweet girl.  My beautiful niece that will.not.stop.growing.  I guess I'm going to have to put a book on top of her head...not to mention chase all the boys off.






I love this big black dog...






He is just about the cutest!!






That'll be all for this weeks H54F.  I hope you all have a fun weekend, and remember to count your blessings...not just today, but everyday!!



xo
Carrie




No comments:

Post a Comment