Image Map

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

TCAP smoothie

 Once again it's the most dreaded week of the year for teachers and students...TCAP time (Tennessee Comprehensive Assessment Program)  A week full of standardized testing used to measure our students knowledge...which is a nightmare for students that have poor test taking skills.  Especially since this year our children's TCAP scores count for 15% of their grade. 

 {Insert nervous nail biting here}

It is always crucial for your child to have a well balanced breakfast to jump start his/her brain for the day.  Normally, my child requests scrambled eggs with cheese - more like cheese with scrambled eggs - and ketchup for breakfast with a small glass of milk...daily.

 Today I added a TCAP smoothie to the side.  Packed full of nutrients and antioxidants...a fuel powered brain food concocted by Mom (me) to give him the extra boost needed to conquer the long day of testing.  Not to mention the confidence that he gained by me explaining to him the super powers contained in that delicious smoothie...whatever works people...he either believed me or thought I was nuts..probably the latter, but I will try anything because he has terrible test anxiety...so super power smoothie it was..





The ingredients will vary depending on what is available in your kitchen.  Any fresh or frozen fruits you have on hand will make a great smoothie.

Ingredients

A handful of:
Fresh (or frozen) strawberries
Fresh blueberries
Fresh pineapple
1 banana
Orange juice (I didn't measure, but would guess about 3/4 cup)

Mix well in blender
Pour into glass and serve


This recipe will make a little more than one full glass or you can divide it into two smaller glasses to share! 








On the ride to school today I reminded Trey how smart he is, and that he will do awesome on his test..also to take his time, to relax and take deep breaths throughout the day, read the entire question and all of the answers before choosing one...and to fill in all the bubbles completely...I'm on this people!  ..I even did a little dance and made up a song, which probably embarrassed him, but that's what Mom's are for, and I will always go above and beyond to keep his confidence up (and to embarrass him..heehee)
A few of my favorite Dr. Seuss quotes
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!”

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who'll decide where to go.”


I think these quotes are perfect for this week!


Happy test taking week...prayers and good luck to all my student and teacher friends!!



Carrie




1 comment: