Image Map

Monday, April 23, 2012

Sweet Tea, Y'all


Being from the South sweet tea is a refreshing tradition found on many table tops, or best enjoyed from an old mason jar on your Grandma's porch swing.  Sometimes it takes a while to prefect it.  It may be too sweet, not sweet enough, or if you're lucky it'll be just right!  After many years of trying to imitate my Grandma's sweet tea I believe I finally got it down pat, although it will never be as good as hers!  Since I brewed a pitcher to have with supper tonight I thought I would share it with all of you.




Ingredients

3 cups water
2 family size tea bags
3/4 cup sugar
7 cups cold water

* My tea is just sweet enough, but if you want true southern sweet tea you will want to use 1 full cup of sugar.

Directions

Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a pot
Add tea bags
Boil 1 minute
Remove from heat
Cover for 10 minutes
Discard tea bags
Add sugar and stir until fully dissolved
Pour into 1 gallon pitcher
Add 7 cups of cold water
Serve over ice


Y'all Enjoy!!
Carrie













No comments:

Post a Comment