Image Map

Monday, February 13, 2012

February Birchbox

Sound the horns...my February Birchbox has arrived! 

Much to my surprise, it arrived two days earlier than expected.  I checked the mail on our way out to run errands Saturday.  My husband and son were getting into the car as I was making my way to the mailbox. I had a mini celebration - with myself..my Birchbox is here..my Birchbox is here... No one was there to celebrate with me, but I was also thankful that no one was there to hear me talking to myself with such excitement. I would have taken it with me and opened it in the car, but I noticed that my husband got in the passenger seat...his way of saying he didn't want to drive. He drives a truck for a living, so I don't complain too much when he doesn't feel like driving. After all, he was just getting home from work.  I huffed and puffed a few times and looked at them like...umm ..hellllo..My Birchbox is here, so I'm not ready to go yet. They just looked at me with blank stares. Neither of them seemed very thrilled at the idea that they would wait while I opened my box. So, I left the unopened box, and ran the errands. Thinking about what could be inside the box just about the entire time that I was away. As soon as I got home I opened her up...


My (Valentine) February Birchbox



(I am using one of my awesome placemats from Target as my backdrop)




When I first saw this, I thought..hmmm a hot pink Easter egg??  Of course, it wasn't an Easter egg. It's Valentine's Day..not Easter. It is a hot pink sponge that helps your foundation look airbrushed...no photoshop required.  I don't use foundation...only powder; but I do use a sponge-ish tool to apply my powder, so I thought I'd give it a go. The "egg" did noticeably smooth my powder for a more blended appearance.




In the square container is Mineralogie - Ultimate Cream Concealer.  Made with pure minerals, this full coverage concealer erases under eye circles, and blemishes without caking.

In the black tube is Jouer - Luminizing Moisture Tint.  This is an award-winning tinted moisturizer.  Birchbox calls it their daily shortcut to dewy, glowing skin.




What would Valentine's Day be without some chocolate?  Here we have Chuao Chocolatier - Spicy Maya ChocoPod. That's a mouthful, huh?  No pun intended. Spicy and sweet!  An artisanal dark chocolate treat laced with chile,  and cayenne pepper.  Happy V Day to me, and my tastebuds!




This little, foreign-to-me item, is called Eye Rock - Designer Liner
It is supposed to replace liquid liner, and achieve a perfect cat eye with a single-use stick-on liner strip...Whaaat??  This could get interesting, folks!  I may have to plan my Halloween costume around this, or scare my husband and son one Saturday evening..just for fun. 





If you are interested in getting your own box you can sign up to be put on the waiting list at www.birchbox.com. It is a first come first serve type thing, and the virtual line seems to move fairly quickly. Sign up, and tell me what's in your box!



Thanks for stopping by!
Carrie





2 comments:

  1. I signed up as soon as Sonnie told me about it! I am on the waiting list and cannot wait to be accepted and start receiving all of the awesome goodies!! Wish you were coming on Thursday with Sonnie and Mellie! Maybe next year! Sending hugs! Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get mine on Monday! Maybe I will have a nice little surprise today or tomorrow (fingers crossed mine will come early like your's did!!)!

    ReplyDelete