Image Map

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Baked Tacos

Early this morning as I was staring blankly into my freezer with one eye open, I suddenly remembered..that it's Tuesday..easiest menu day of the week...it's taco Tuesday in the hiz-ouse!!  What a glorious day it is when Mom has declared that tacos shall be served!  We love us some tacos.  If I ask Trey what he wants for dinner, his answer is almost always "something meaty and cheesy." so tacos are always a no-brainer.  It must be a boy thing.

Recipe found on Pinterest from Mommy I'm Hungry food blog






Ingredients

2 lbs ground turkey
1 small onion diced
1 small can diced green chilies
1-2 packages of taco seasoning (I use 1.5 for 2 lbs of meat)
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 16 oz can fat free refried beans
2 cups shredded colby-jack cheese
Hard taco shells

Pre-heat oven to 400


In a large skillet cook onions over medium-high heat, until soft





Add ground turkey, or whatever meat you decide to use, and cook through.
Drain/rinse any excess liquid






Add green chilies, refried beans, tomato sauce and taco seasoning.  
Mixing well, bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. 






Spoon the taco mixture into the shells, then place in a 9 x 13 baking dish.  
Stacking each shell against one another to help support it upright. 






Sprinkle cheese over the top
(Writing this post is making me sooo hungry!)






Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
The shells will be soft on the bottom...I use a spatula to pick each one up, so the shell will not tear.





Well, that was torture..I can't wait for dinner!
These tacos are the jam, trust me!!



Enjoy,
Carrie




No comments:

Post a Comment