Image Map

Thursday, April 24, 2014

A Little Dirt Never Hurt..



Don't you just know I was as happy as a little songbird this week.  I finally got to get my hands dirty.  We tilled the garden two days in a row to get the soil nice and loose to ensure a good root system for the plants.

I kicked off the week with sore arms and blistered hands..and I absolutely loved it.





Brodie is not my ideal garden helper.  He really just wants someone to throw his ball...alll the time.  
He's cute, so he gets away with it.





Potatoes...the only thing I have planted in the garden thus far.. Last year I had a basket full of dud spuds, which was so disappointing.  I did my homework this year and planted them on time and deep...I know last year my potatoes were just an inch or two below the surface..my number one mistake..It is recommended to plant them about 8 inches deep.




I have strawberries blooming from last years plant..





Today I planted herbs..
Lemon Verbena, Lemon Thyme, Spearmint, Kentucky Colonel Mint...






Parsley, the Chives are from last years plant, Dill and Sweet Basil






I planted flowers in all of the window boxes, as well as my side bed.





Tossed a few Impatiens and some Snowstorm Giant Snowflake in these tiny pots. I placed them on the bottom shelf of the stand that holds one of my herb containers.  How cute is my custom painted Westie pot!?  It is from Chick Design Boutique on Etsy.





I have a few more flats of flowers, and some Lavender to plant this weekend.  My fingers and toes are crossed hoping that we don't get drenched with rain tonight, otherwise it will be too wet to plant my fruits and veggies tomorrow..That's the plan..Lord willing. 

Thanks for stopping by!


xo
Carrie



No comments:

Post a Comment