Image Map

Friday, March 28, 2014

High Five for Friday


I took a half day from work today..then made a quick trip to Kroger, picked up some redbox movies..got some salami, cheese..and some yummy seafood..all to enjoy with my wine tonight..Then I came home, and less than a minute after setting the groceries on the counter, my hair was in a bun on top of my head, and stretchy pants quickly replaced the jeans I had on.  I may or may not have started undressing in the kitchen...

Helllooo Friday!!

Since this week was Spring break, Trey and I took it upon ourselves to spend some extra time with each other, with friends, and to also stay up past our bedtime.

Here's what's new with us this week...

We played our fair share of board games this week.  Sometimes I have a habit of inviting myself over to peoples houses.  Is that rude?  I mean at least I call and don't just show up..I hate it when people do that.  My invites - to your house - usually go something like this... In my most enthusiastic voice.. "Hey!!  What are you doing?  Sooo, I thought I would come over, and I'm bringing wine, and games and snacks..ok?" Who can resist that?  So, that's pretty much what I did this week, more than once.  At least one of the times we were actually invited.





My most favorite game ever is Quelf.  Ever played it?  It's been around a while, I guess.  I actually had it on my wedding registry, and got is as a wedding gift. It is hilarious!!  Like laugh so much it hurts..hilarious.  It's the most random game ever.  Even the kids enjoy it.





The one time this week that we were actually invited over to play games we took Hedbanz.  Fun/semi frustrating game.  I would have never guessed Napoleon.  I got super close, but..nope, even after five or six turns...(or more?) didn't get it.  I still won the game though..just throwing that out there.. 






Turkey season has arrived.  How do I know?  Hmmm..well, the sound of turkeys being called at any random time of day or night throughout the house, or while driving down the road is a pretty dead giveaway...and then there are the turkey calls that now reside in my refrigerator..and then there's the hunting bag packed and propped up by the front door all week anticipating the arrival of the weekend.  Hopefully Trey will have better luck this weekend, than he did at the youth hunt last weekend..






Pretty little country view seen on one of my runs this week.







I got my hair did last Friday..when Lori was finished she kept me in the chair and practiced doing a few updos on me for a wedding do she was doing the following morning.  It's the most fun when someone plays with your hair!






Kayla and I went to Cloud 9 for girls night dinner and drinks.
Lord have mercy I just cannot make myself like the specialty martinis there.. I have tried time and time again.  They just don't sit right on my palate at all, and then I end up making some funky faces trying to get it down the hatch..which makes me laugh, which makes it even harder to swallow...I'm making the face now just thinking about it...I'll stick to my whiskey.  Oh, and the matching scarves were totally unplanned.  #typical #8thgradeflashback






Since I didn't have to take Trey to school at 6:30ish a.m. this week, I decided I would try out 6:00 a.m. yoga on Tuesday and Friday.  I was reluctant to do the Friday class because it was at the new studio on the other side of town..and that meant I would need to leave my house around 5:15, but I went anyway, and I'm so glad I did. Best way to start off the day is in Sarah's morning classes.  I look forward to it every Saturday morning..and now that they offer super early weekday classes..it'll for sure be something doable in the summer.






Trey and I finally got to see Divergent last night...It was probably my most favorite tril that I read last year, so I was really looking forward to the movie.  We both thought it was great..  Have you seen it yet?






I've had a major sweet tooth lately..ok..ok..I have a major sweet tooth pretty much all the time..and since I rarely keep junk in the house I have to improvise...so this week my sweet snack of choice was half an apple..chopped, with melted peanut butter drizzled over it, and shaved dark chocolate on top.   It's healthy, seriously good, and very satisfying.  I have also tried it with melted almond butter, but PB is my fave.





For the chocolate shavings I use my microplane to shave down one dark chocolate chunk..It's that easy. You can find them in the baking aisle.






Nicole called one morning while I was getting ready for work..I was on the phone pacing between my closet and my vanity deciding what to wear and doing last minute hair touch ups..I looked down and Scub was moving his little head side to side watching my every move with his little legs crossed in front of him.  It was the cutest thing.  Just hanging out watching his Mom.





Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Thanks for stopping by..



xo
Carrie



No comments:

Post a Comment