Image Map

Friday, October 25, 2013

High Five for Friday



I guess with the cooler temps this week and my sleeping schedule changing as far as waking up hours earlier than the last 6 months to workout...I'm.so.tired.  Yesterday evening I so did not want to go to yoga..I wanted a nap, but I told myself I better get over the nap and get in the car (right now) and drive myself to yoga..(sometimes I can be really mean) So, I rolled my eyes at myself and went to yoga.  I got there a little early so I decided I would just lay in rest pose on my mat before class began.  Apparently I got a little too comfortable.  When I heard a loud noise, which was actually someones plastic water bottle making a popping sound, I almost jumped out of my skin.  I had fallen asleep.  It was like that jump/jolt/scary wake up part of your almost asleepness (pretty sure I just made that word up) where you feel like you are falling so when your body jerks it wakes you up.  Yeah, I was embarrassed.  I lifted my head long enough to see if anyone saw me.  Then, I don't know how much time had passed..it had to have only been a few minutes.  I made a noise...then a really weird sound came from my throat..my eyes shot open and I thought to myself oh Dear Lord I'm snoring..   In the hot room. At yoga. I tried really hard not to laugh..I layed still with my eyes wide open staring at the ceiling, smiling at myself for feeling like such a dork.

This chick needs some sleep!

Here are my recent highlights...

Friday night lights..
CHS vs HCHS




Go Cats!!
Super fun girls night!!
We lost, but it was a good game.




I got this Amika blowout spray in my September Birchbox. It protects, smooths, nourishes and volumizes.  I lift a few strands of hair at the top of my head and spray my roots, mostly I use this when I plan to let my hair dry naturally. Then I have natural waves with volume at my roots without a heavy product so it still feels natural.  It smells amazing.  Like seriously, sometimes I spray it in my already dry hair just to give it a little yummy scent.





Got my pumpkins looking cute.





New obsession...Mrs. Meyers all purpose aromatherapy cleaner.  I put it in a spray bottle with water to wipe countertops, or even mop my floors with it. Smells so fresh and so clean..clean..clean (that's an Outkast song..am I the only one that got that? )





I did The Color Run with my people.  I was so proud of Trey for running the entire time.  I get so frustrated with the color run because it is always less than 3 miles..it's barely 2.5, so it's not a true 5k...buuut both of my guys ran and they did great.  Initially when I asked them to do it with me they made me agree to walk with them.  Then I guess they got all pumped up waiting to go through the start chute and they were like "let's run!!"  Well, Oook..don't have to ask me twice.  So, we ran, and they killed it!




Nashville runs are always fun..




I love running through Printers Alley.





I was filthy..I have never gotten this dirty at a color run..it could have had something to do with Trey's ultimate goal being to put all color within reach on my head and anywhere else he felt it necessary.  Apparently it was fun to color his Mom, so I let him.






I was the only one out of our group that had done this run before...
I think they all had a blast and I'm so glad we all did it together.





I loved doing it with Trey and he talked about it for days.
I totally earned cool Mom points.





So, on the way to the green one day with a girlfriend she brought up that she had compared my picture from the color run in April..I think it was April?..March..maybe?  I don't know, this whole year runs together...anyway, she was comparing me then to me now, saying that I had lost weight since then.  Sooo, I got to thinking...I did this run last October..I wonder what the difference is from a year ago?  So, while laying in bed one night, not sleeping, I did a side by side...

What a difference a year makes!!  I really don't even know how much I have lost...I weighed in Feb and had lost 52 pounds..I haven't weighed since then. Honestly, it doesn't matter.  I just want to look, feel and be healthy.  Can't wait to see what I look like this time next year!

H5 to me!!




My little guy turned 14 over the weekend.  This was one of my favorite pictures of him in the hospital the day he was born.  He was a c-section baby so he was pretty much perfectly shaped as soon as he came out.  After going to a baby shower recently, holding my hand to a pregnant belly and feeling him kick in utero and then going through this little nuggets baby album I am sooo having baby fever.  It's all too much.  I'm hoping little baby Case will be born this week so I can hold him, love him, smell him, give him Auntie kisses and then maybe, just maybe, the baby fever will subside..Trey, on the other hand, suggests we adopt a Chinese baby.  I don't know where he comes up with this stuff.






 I was almost afraid his little cake wouldn't be big enough for all of his candles.  
Happy Birthday, Trey!





My Dad and Trey share a birthday.  This year my Dad turned 70.  Just like last year we spent their birthday weekend Saturday night at the Ducks Unlimited Banquet together. Kyle and Trey insisted I go because they think I always win the raffle.  I guess they were right, because I did win again.. Trey loaded up.





In love with this Essie polish..the color is Overboard..




I could only find time this week to do my toes in the car line at school (lame) which explains why the polish job is not perfect.  I did fix it when I got home.. I seriously love the color.  Perfect for Fall.





This was one of the gorgeous countryside views on one of my runs this week. 
I am registered for a race on this trail tomorrow.  I saw on active.com they were having a 4 mile Boo Dash, so I figured why not!!  I could run this course in my sleep.  Right now I'm sitting at my desk with a heating pad under my leg hoping and praying that I will actually be able to run.  I slipped and fell in yoga yesterday and think maybe I pulled a muscle.  I continued to finish the class..I honestly felt fine, just a little shaken and mad at myself.  Normally my clumsiness happens in slow motion and I'm able to contort my body to prevent an injury..this happened so fast that I didn't know what happened until it was over..I think the popping sound scared me the most.  When I woke up this morning I was totally feeling it... I'm taking it easy today and hoping it will feel better by morning.  I've never pulled a muscle so I don't really know what to expect, or if that's even what I have done to myself.  Either way I'm showing up at this race tomorrow to give it all I've got without further injuring myself.  Fingers crossed.





Sometimes on my runs I tend to get a little sidetracked at the turnaround...
I can't help it.  I don't want to grow up.





That's all I have for this week...
Wishing all of you a beautiful weekend!
Thanks for stopping by for some H54F!!


xo
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. Look at that beautiful TN sky! Love it and miss it there in the Fall! I'm glad you're taking care of your leg!!! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sitting on a heating pad even when you threatened to hit me this morning for still running tomorrow. lol I have faith! Thanks for loving me. xoxo

      Delete