Image Map

Friday, September 13, 2013

High Five for Friday



What a beauty-ful day it has been.  I.love.fall, and although we are still a week or so away from it today felt like Fall, ya'll.  It is so wonderful, and my mind is flooded with awesome thoughts..For instance, today I wanted to listen to my music super loud, roll all the windows and the sun roof down, do tobacco barn drive-by's and hang my nose out the window, dance to every fun song I heard.  I may or may not have done the running man (twice) to Run DMC's - It's Tricky.  There is no way you can hear It's Tricky and even attempt to stop your body from automatically busting out into some dance moves.  Try it, I dare you!  Back to Fall...bonfires, Friday night lights, puppy dogs, long runs, every window in the house open, homemade potpourri simmering, pumpkin carving, baking, hiking, hugging friends...hugging strangers...hoodies, boots, good hair days, laughing, tasty beverages, beautiful sunsets..  I could go on and on...

Here are some things I am thankful for this week..

This morning Brodie climbed on top of me before I was even fully awake.  He gave me the sweetest puppy dog kisses and just laid in my arms until I decided to get up.  The perfect beginning to my day!





This blue eyed boy of mine told me today that I am embarrassing...
I think that's code for - I'm awesome! Right?





My garden has been neglected...I have my work cut out for me this weekend as far as weeding goes.  I think when I pull all the dead stuff out and clean it up a bit I may actually find some fruits and veggies in there.  Right now it looks like a sad garden.




I have tons of bell peppers..





I found these sweet banana peppers hiding under some watermelon vines.






A few little tiny watermelons.  I still have not been able to enjoy a single one of them.  With all the wet weather we had this season most of them were ruined.  There's still hope.





These are all the potatoes we dug up.  They were all ruined.  Not even one was salvageable.  Between the potato bugs, and major wetness...no potatoes for me.







Did you know that Kroger makes a generic version of Smart Water?  I love Smart Water and always buy it when it's on sale.  This week Kroger has their Simple Truth 33.8 fl oz water on sale for $1.00.






This week a rescue I follow posted this dog that is looking for a new home. Is he not the sweetest thing ever?  I instantly fell in love with this labradoodle and was a little sad that I have no room for him.  I have been keeping up with him on the daily, and I do believe he may have finally found a furever home. 





I loved it when I was able to foster dogs..Then my husband had to go and fall in love with a giant Dane, and the two dogs I fostered after having him proved to be too much for my little house, and unfair to my current pets as well as the "new" one.  I don't wish any of my pets away, but I do look forward to being able to foster again. If you are interested in opening your home to foster a dog or cat contact your local Humane Society or other shelters and/or rescues to find out more info about it.  They are always always looking for foster homes and it really does save a life!






I got this in the mail today and can't wait to dive into it this weekend!
Have you read it?





 I decided to thaw these babies out today for my Friday night beverage consumption.  I have no idea what the red one is.  Trey informed me that it is a woo woo.  I cracked up when he said that, and that he knows what a woo woo is.  If it's a woo woo it's at least 3 years old..may be a little stale.  Yuck.  We shall see.  Anyway, several years ago my Aunt Melinda made this drink concoction and it was fantastic as well as super strong.  Like knock your socks off strong.  Everyone at that particular party kept asking what it was.  We would say " I don't know, but woo hoo...and I don't know, but it makes me feel like woo-woo!!!"  So, somehow it earned the title of "woo woo"  There's no telling what this is, but here's to hoping it's a woo woo... The other one is a wine concoction that I had leftover from a girls night-in party.  Might get craazy up in here tonight.  
  




I am still doing my yoga practices and very much enjoying it.  Why did it take me this long to get into Yoga...I have no clue, but like I said last week it is probably one of the best things I have done for myself in a while.  After 5 weeks of practicing I can now say as of this week I have finally been able to conquer the plow pose.  The first day I discovered I was able to do this I wanted to show everyone I knew.  I came home and immediately showed Kyle and Trey.  They were not impressed to say the least, and I was a little sad that they both looked at each other and then back at me like I was some sort of disfigured being.  Brittney. of course is much better at this than me, but the fact that I can even remotely raise my legs above my head and touch my feet to the floor behind me has me all sorts of excited.  Now, if only I can do the crow pose, or even a headstand I will be one happy chick.  I will just keep trying it until I get it!





Aren't these little guys the cutest!!?




Thanks for stopping by to read about my week!  I am now going to devour these mystery concoctions from my freezer with my neighbor bestie..I hope you enjoy your weekend!



xo
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment