Image Map

Friday, November 15, 2013

Bonjour Jolie - October Box


Subscription boxes seem to be all the rave the last few years, and I have to admit I've jumped on the bandwagon with more than a few.  I love nothing more than paying a minimal fee and having some fabulous products that I actually use delivered to my mailbox each month.  It makes me pretty happy to open my mailbox and see a box waiting for me..it's like my birthday all over again (without aging)..

I did a google search and found an extensive list of reviews on some of the best subscription boxes out there.  No fooling guys, this list is massive, and it has any and every box imaginable...you can mark everyone you know off your Christmas list just on that one single page.

Okay, onto the good stuff.  This box I am sharing with you today is called Bonjour Jolie. It is a period box, which costs $16.00 a month plus shipping and handling.  They are a fairly new company..(I believe since February 2013), although you would never know it.. They are pretty fantastic and wonderful people to deal with.

So, what is a period box?  It is a monthly subscription box that is tailored to your specific needs for your time of the month...Upon signing up you set your preferences..your cycle date..your preferred brand and type of tampons or pads that you use.  

For example..when Aunt Flo visits me I am all over the place with regular, super and super super flows all in the 4-5 days of my cycle.  It's pretty ridiculous.  So, when signing up for this box I chose the brand I always use. They have a list of every brand on the market.  You have the option to pick one type of tampon you need..ie. regular, super, super plus, etc.. Since I needed all three I wrote a note in the additional info box saying that I use all three, and could they please include them in the box.

As well as the specific brand and flow of tampons and/or pads in your box you will receive a special gift, handmade bath and body pampering items, specialty teas, sweets, Advil, etc.  

I have never been disappointed in my box, actually, I have always been pleasantly surprised and I do look forward to receiving it.  

Since Bonjour Jolie knows when my cycle begins and ends I always receive my box two days before my period begins.  For months now I have not had to buy tampons myself, or send my husband to the store on the way home from work to grab me a box because I forgot (don't you know he loved doing that for me..)  Now I am very well taken care of - pampered, if you will..by the lovely ladies at Bonjour Jolie.

Now, let's check out my October box..

The box always seems small to me, but I promise you it is jam packed..air tight..like Mary Poppins' carpet bag.  I don't know how they fit everything in this box, but they do.

When you open the box (which is always so exciting) it is always wrapped in very pretty, feminine packaging.




It has a very nice detailed list of everything in your box..a description of each item, what it's use is, where it came from, and a price breakdown.




Everything is packaged very neatly.




There are usually three organza bags filled with goodies..





Your tampons and pads are very neatly and discreetly packaged.






I love a company that listens to your needs and follows through.  As I requested my tampon bag is always filled with all three types of the tampons I need in the brand I requested.





After receiving three months of pads and pantiliners I contacted Bonjour Jolie..I also have to mention that you do not have an "account" to log into on their website.  Which was surprising at first, and I actually emailed them to find out how to log into my account.. They told me that they prefer to talk to each individual to personally meet their specific needs...  Seriously!  Are you starting to see why I love this company so much?!  Their preferred method of communication is via email, and they guarantee to get back with you within 24-48 hours.  I don't think I have ever had a response from them that was more than a few hours later during a normal business day.  

Ok, so the point of this is..that I contacted them and asked if I could stop receiving the pads and pantiliners..1. because I rarely use them, and 2. I have a pretty big pile of them stocked up in my cabinet now..and I felt like it was a waste.  So, within a few hours I received an email and they were happy to oblige.  This change will be applied to my November box, and so on, until I ask them to change it again and I will receive all tampons..no pads.




Each box contains several teas and always a sweet treat.  I love drinking tea at night and since subscribing to this box my tea station in my kitchen has several teas that I would have never tried if it were not for Bonjour Jolie.  I even have some new favorites.

I was talking to a girlfriend earlier in the day - on the day I knew my box would be in the mailbox when I got home - and I said "I sure hope there is some sort of milk chocolate in there.." Each month I secretly wish for a Hershey bar to be in my box.. So, while others may be excited about the fabulous teas they will receive in their boxes..just give.me.chocolate!!

This little milk chocolate treat was eaten within minutes - I feel like I should send a thank you note just for the chocolate..




With the occasional exception of one or two different items all of the boxes are the same..meaning..if you get a box, chances are I got the same box.  

In my October box I received a nail kit..it contained a fingernail file, a cuticle pusher, argon oil, two nail polish remover pads - perfect for travel, a nail polish pen, and a nail art pen.




I love argon oil..it is wonderful for your cuticles..especially in these dry Fall/Winter months, it smells ahhmazing..and it is also fabulous for your hair, which is a bonus, bonus if you ask me!!





I have never used a nail polish pen...
It was quite easy and I painted one nail with two easy swipes of the brush..




I was like..eh..a nail pen..
I'll give it to the neighbor girl, then I decided to try it.. 
 I don't think I will ever use it, but it was fun to play with.





This pumpkin soap is to die for..I haven't actually used it yet, but I have smelled it..a lot.  It smells so nice that I opened it and made each person in my house smell it.  My husband wanted to know what it tasted like..it smells that good.  (I wouldn't let him eat it..)






I received a few feminine wipes and some Advil..both of which are perfect to toss in your purse or your travel bag.  The sample of the apricot and ginseng hand scrub is fab-u-lous!!  I love having soft skin, so I'm all about exfoliating products.  Works great..smells great!!




This little gem is a lotion bar.  Omg..it's amazing..you hold it between your hands - as you would a bar of soap - rub it together and it moisturizes.  I don't know how it works, but it does, and I love it!!  Use it on your hands, bottom of your feet, elbows, cuticles..anywhere that needs moisturizing.  Another great item for the cold months.  Besides the chocolate, this was my other favorite product in this box..and let's just say if you are on my Christmas list..you may just be getting one of these puppies for Christmas!






I am excited to finally share this box with you.  Please visit the Bonjour Jolie website and read more about this awesome company.  Also while you are there click the "shop" link, Once on the "shop" page you will see a breakdown of each months products...and also an option to purchase any of the items.

I would love to hear your thoughts or questions about this box, and I would love it even more if you subscribed..if you do be sure to tell them that you were sent from me at The Way I See it.

Thanks for stopping by..and I can't wait to share my November box with you..here's hoping for some more milk chocolate!!  :-)


xo
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments about our lotion bar hearts! We sell 2 oz sizes as well - just not in heart shapes! tracy Faith, Soaps & Love

    ReplyDelete